5 Tips for Staging and Selling Your Home Over the Holidays: Thanksgiving Edition
Autumn is one of the best seasons in Madison; streets are changing colors, homes are filled with warmth and baked goods. Home Buyers are probably less than excited about house hunting in the brisk weather, so here are few suggestions to help you keep the holiday spirit for everyone!
- First impressions first. The exterior is a Buyer’s first impression. Clear the front entry from leaves and place a mat at the door to prevent them from trailing in.
- Spice up the colors. Warm up the house with some deep Autumn colors and warm throw blankets. Find a color scheme to make the room flow, keep it to 3 colors or less.
- Go natural. Everyone has their own style, but pumpkins and gourds can last from Halloween to Thanksgiving and still be festive. Utilizing natural elements for centerpieces can bring the natural beauty into your home with very little cost to you.
- Crock-Pots galore. Now is the perfect time of year to bring out that slow cooker and come home to a delicious smelling house. Share those root vegetable scents with Buyers! Be careful though, make sure your meals you have brewing are not obnoxious smells; if you wouldn’t want to smell it in the office, you might want to cook that on a day you don’t have showings.
- Edit your decorations. Don’t forget, family photos and hand-made trinkets should be kept to a minimum. Although, we don’t blame you if there’s a hand-turkey on the fridge.
When in doubt, contact one of our experienced Broker Associates to ask for staging tips specific to your home.