6 Tips for Staging and Selling Your Home Over the Holidays: Christmas Edition
Selling your home when a chill is in the air and the sun sets early is never fun, but let’s make sure your home still feel like “yours” & maintain holiday traditions while your home is actively on the market! Here are a few suggestions to help you keep the holiday spirit and still have the Buyers coming in:
- First impressions first. The exterior and front door is the first thing Buyers see. Add some bling to your
entryway with a classic front door wreath topped off with a simple bow.
- Edit your decorations. By now you’ve already edited your personal photos and de-cluttered your home, so now is the time to do the same with your holiday decor. Keep personal trinkets and hand-made decorations to a minimum, make your holiday classic and simple this time.
- Tame it down. If you typically like to go all out, consider taming things down this year. Go with small groupings in a similar color scheme to for an understated look.
- Skip the stockings entirely (at least until Christmas Eve). Stockings are bulky and can distract buyers from seeing the full appeal of your fireplace mantle. Keep this little goodie a secret and build anticipation for the kids until the night before Kris Kringle comes!
- Go “faux” with your tree. Buyers may have allergies and you don’t want to send them rushing for the door. Consider investing in an affordable fake Christmas tree so Buyers can comfortably and casually tour your well-decorated home. If you hate the faux look, you can always donate it to a family in need next year.
- Coordinate cookies with showings. If you’re someone who bakes all December long, it’s never a bad idea to time those cookies to come out just before you leave for a showing, so your home smells like fresh baked goods.
From the desk of: Andrea Davitt