The time after getting an accepted house can be very hectic. You might feel overwhelmed and have too many details to deal with. If you’re smart & plan ahead things will go smoothly.
- Get estimates from movers. Ask friends and coworkers who they used & contact those movers. If you want to check on them call your local Better Business Bureau.
- Start collection boxes. You can buy them for a retailer but you can also get some from your local recycling center
- Start packing little used items
- Go through your stuff & get rid of things that you don’t want to move
- Have a yard sale or sell the items on eBay or Craig’s list.
- Donate what doesn’t sell to a charity
- Notify post office of your new address & also don’t forget to let your family & friends know your new address
- Start using up or donate food from your pantry, you don’t want to have to move that
- Arrange for hotel stay if needed. Sometimes it’s nice to leave the mess of the moving behind for the 1st night